Mustachioed Barbarians, fire wielding Wizards, and other unique troops are waiting for you! Enter the world of Clash!
● Upgrade to the all new Town Hall 12 to have your Town Hall fight back!
● Use the power of Siege Machines to break through the toughest of defenses
● Work together with your clan in Clan Games to earn valuable Magic Items
● Join a Clan of fellow players or start your own and invite friends.
● Fight in Clan Wars as a team against other players across the globe.
● Defend your village with a multitude of cannons, bombs, traps, mortars, and walls.
● Fight against the Goblin King in a campaign through the realm.
● Plan unique battle strategies with countless combinations of spells, troops, and Heroes!
● Friendly Challenges, Friendly Wars, and special events.
● Train unique troops with multiple levels of upgrades.
● Journey to the Builder Base and discover new buildings and characters in a mysterious world.
WHAT’S IT ABOUT?
It’s all about resources in this game. You’ll spend your in-game cash on resources, such as cannons, shelter, and decorations, and then attack other camps to gain money, which you’ll spend to get more resources. What makes CLASH OF CLANSunique is the mix of artificial-intelligence enemies and the ability to battle real-world friends and foes. When real-world enemies destroy your village, you’re able to watch a replay of the battle to observe their tactics and shore up defenses for the next attack. (It’s also worth noting that even if your village is destroyed in battle, all major buildings remain undamaged from your perspective, though you will need to rearm traps.)
IS IT ANY GOOD?
Clash of Clans doesn’t make any dramatic changes to the strategy formula, but it does make just enough refinements to recapture the genre’s addictive elements. Players are on a familiar treadmill, building a base and attacking others, but the introduction of the multiplayer element and the ability to see exactly how your defenses were overcome (battles happen independent of the gameplay you see) let you learn from your mistakes. And, for players who don’t want to take part in player-versus-player combat, there’s a strong solo campaign.
The game gives players an adequate amount of resources to start, but, to really build a powerhouse, they’ll ultimately need to rely on in-app purchases (or be extremely lucky in battles). This free app also has been one of the top-grossing apps, so many users do opt to purchase gems with real money. The AI of your troops is frustrating, though. (They’ll be looting a building and be seemingly unaware that they’re being fired upon.) Also, the time it takes for buildings and upgrades to be completed can get frustrating. Overall, though, this is a fine choice for strategy fans.
- Devices: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Android
- Price: Free (with optional in-app purchases)
- Pricing structure: Free (The app is free to download and play, but players can buy gems via in-app purchase; packs range from $5 to $100.)
- Release date: November 6, 2013
- Category: Strategy Games
- Size: 50.20 MB
- Publisher: Supercell
- Version: 5.64
- Minimum software requirements: iOS 4.3 or later
- Last updated: November 07, 2013